Active Salford Physical Activity Expo - Wednesday 19th September
Date: Aug 20, 2018
Empowering our Campus Community
Our first ever Active Salford Physical Activity Expo will take place during Student Induction week on Wednesday 19th September 11-5.00pm at the University of Salford Sports Centre. The Expo Event will be will our own slant on an ‘Elevate’ or ‘Body Power’ albeit on a smaller scale, and we have a number of our partners on board including The Manchester Giants, Up and Running, Grenade, Matrix Fitness, Lucozade amongst others, facilitating pop up activities and informative talks, alongside some partner/brand exhibition stalls. The Activities around the expo all be designed to educate students on the value of remaining active, and engaging within the Gym Setting whilst here at the University.
The key objectives of the Expo are:
- Inform students - on the ways in which students can get active and prioritise their own well-being, through the various Health and Wellbeing Services on Campus.
- Educate students – on the methods in which they can look to do this, and get a greater understanding of the (social, physiological and psychological wellbeing) value of engaging in physical activity.
- Empower students - to inspire them to get active consistently, within the various pathways into physical activity on Campus, through Team Salford - which brings together the Sports Centre, the University of Salford Student's Union, and our School of Health and Society as the wider University of Salford Sports Brand
Our Activity Programme for the Day will be:
- All day – Functional Training pop up sessions
- All day – Powerlifting Drop in sessions with Team GB’s Female Athlete Bobbie Butters.
- All day - Our Student Lead Sports Massage Drop In Clinic from 1.00pm - no bookings required!
- 11.45am – 12.15pm – Matrix Fitness UK Functional Training Sampling Class
- 12.15pm-1.00pm – Pilates Sampling Class
- 1.15pm-1.45pm - Matrix Fitness UK Functional Training Sampling Class
In addition we will have:
- Our Growing Online Exercise Library featured on a 55inch Digital Screen alongside the Drop in Sports Rehab Clinic, in colaboration with our Academics and fantastic Student lead Sports Rehab Team. We will also have our the new Boditrax precision body composition and cellular monitoring machine on the main floor, ensure to check this out!
- Our partners Bubble Footie will have their fantastic Speedshot Challenge on the main floor!
- Leading Running Brand Up and Running featuring their latest Sports Shoes, test these out on the main floor via our Matrix Fitness Treadmills!
- Our partners Grenade* will be on hand with free samples of the latest in their fantastic range of Protein Bars and Shakes. *These products are also onsale at Sports Centre Reception.
- Lucozade* promoting their latest range of Isotonic Sport Drinks, including Fitwater and Lucozade Sport Elite *These products are also onsale at Sports Centre Reception.
- Our Wellbeing Team and the Librarys Study Skills team on hand to signpost our Wellbeing and key Accessible Academic Services including our Live Well for Learning Portal within Skills for Learning
- Maxwell Medical Centre Signposting the University GP Services.
- Shock Radio The University of Salford's Award Winning Radio Station!
- We will have many more Exhibitors and Partner Brands attending, with a few suprises on offer!
All those who engage within the activities will receive a raffle ticket, and will go into a prize draw at the end of the day for a number of prizes being supplied by our fantasic Partners Matrix Fitness UK!
Welcome Competition time! Students who feature themselves within an active setting on Instagram and Twitter, both at the Expo, within the programme of Team Salford Welcome Activities (or within any other space on Campus!) will go into a prize draw for a free All Inclusive Annual Sports Centre Membership. All you need to do is take a quick selfie and tag our accounts (Insta @uos_sportscentre Twitter @UoSSportsCentre) with the hashtag #ActiveSalford. That Welcome Active Salford prize draw will take place live on Monday 1st October!